Thursday, August 1, 2013

Review + Swatches: Sephora Collection Prisma Chrome Eyeshadows

One word. Pigment. Just those two syllables can describe these. I recently picked up the Sephora Collection Prisma Chrome eyeshadows during my last trip to Sephora. After seeing YouTube beauty gurus emilynoel83 and melmphs rave about these, I knew they had to be mine.



 
The shades that really caught my attention were Outrageous Metallic Peach, Outrageous Metallic Taupe, and Outrageous Metallic Bronze.
 
 
As you could see, I purchased these for $7.00 each, when they originally retailed for $16.00. Great discount, huh? In Sephora, they're located on the side displays in the ends of aisles. When these first came out, there were eight shades (beige, taupe, bronze, peach, silver, black, lilac, plum). I was really only interested in the neutral shades (they didn't have the beige), but after seeing how amazing these are I totally regret getting the others. Unfortunately, these aren't available on the Sephora website anymore.
 
L-R: Outrageous Metallic Peach, Outrageous Metallic Taupe, Outrageous Metallic Bronze
 
Like I said earlier, these are AMAZINGLY pigmented! What makes it even better is that these are extremely metallic. They give a super-foiled look without even wetting your brush or using a primer! If you've been wanting to try the MAC Extra Dimension eyeshadows but found they were out of your price range, I think that these might be possible dupes! Unfortunately, I don't own an Extra Dimension eyeshadow so I can't compare them.
 
L-R: Outrageous Metallic Peach, Outrageous Metallic Taupe, Outrageous Metallic Bronze (without primer)
 
To my disappointment, my camera couldn't capture the metallic finish of these eyeshadows. In the light they were washed out, and in the shade they just didn't look metallic enough. This picture was taken at an angle in half sunlight-half shade, and it was the closest I could get.
 
 
PROS
  • available in a variety of neutrals and vampy shades
  • super metallic, foiled look
  • extremely pigmented without primer
  • inexpensive
  • possible dupes of the MAC Extra Dimension eyeshadows
 
CONS
  • not available on the Sephora website anymore (makes it difficult for those of us who don't live near a Sephora)
 
UPDATE: THESE ARE BACK ON THE SEPHORA WEBSITE HERE!
 
Overall, if you can get your hands on these I would totally recommend them! At such an inexpensive price, you get a product with amazing quality. I can imagine that these would be awesome to create a bold smokey eye with!
 
That's all for now, girls!
xoxo
 
DISCLAIMER: ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. I PURCHASED THESE WITH MY OWN MONEY.






2 comments:

  1. I saw emily and Melissa raving about these too, and just picked these 3 shades up! I'm in the uk and we don't have a sephora here so I ordered mine off eBay- I can reliably inform you that they are indeed dupes (formula wise) of the extra dimension mac shadows!! :P thanks for the review! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! :) xx

      Delete