Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review + Swatches: Physicians Formula Conceal RX Physician's Strength Concealer in Natural Light

Hi everyone! I hope you guys are having a great weekend so far; tomorrow I'm going to an amusement park with my sister, who I haven't seen in a long time! :D

Today I'm reviewing the Physician's Formula Conceal RX Concealer, available at drugstore.com for $8.69. Normally Physician's Formula is labeled as the "mom" brand, so when I first heard about how great this is, I was surprised. My friend (who is very particular about what she puts on her face), loves this and highly recommended it for heavy duty concealing.



So, did I like it?


Since I don't have many large blemishes, hyperpigmentation or scarring, I can't really give an opinion on those aspects.... however I will say this is one HEAVY DUTY concealer!


The shade that I have this in is Natural light. It's the second and darkest shade in this concealer, however it's only about NC20 in MAC terms. This is definitely a downside to this product, medium to dark skintones are left out. I find that most Physician's Formula products only ever go up to the shade "medium," so the shortage on shades doesn't surprise me. On the bright side, there is a green shade offered for correcting redness. Most drugstore brands don't offer color-correcting shades like lavender or green, so it's a nice affordable option if you've been wanting a green concealer.

 

As for the product inside, it is an EXTREMELY pigmented concealer! I haven't tried Hard Candy Glamoflague or Kat von D Tattoo Concealer, but I can only imagine what they are like compared to this. The texture isn't thick and pasty at all- it's light and blends into the skin rather easily. As you can see, only a small amount is needed to cover any problem areas.




On the Physician's Formula website, it's described as a "Maximum coverage concealer formula that glides on smoothly to conceal blemishes, dark under-eye circles, scars, birthmarks, age spots, bruises, rosacea and hyperpigmentation. Concentrated formula lasts up to 12 hours!"

Does it live up to its claims?

As already covered ,it is indeed maximum coverage and it does glide on smoothly. For undereye circles, I find that this is a bit too thick for my taste to use on the undereye area. On me, it actually makes my dark circles look ashy and even worse because the shade is so light. During those weird mornings when my skin is looking extra red, I dab a small amount of this on my cheeks before applying BB cream. It lasts all day and causes no problems for me. Other than that, I enjoy using this around my brows to give a sharp, crisp effect.

PROS:
  • extremely pigmented
  • long-wearing
  • more affordable than other heavy-duty concealers
  • easy to locate
CONS:
  • lack of shades
  • too thick for undereye use


Overall, I think this is a great affordable concealer if you struggle with acne, or if you just want to heavily conceal imperfections. For the price, you get a reasonably sized tube that will last for ages due to the pigmentation of this product. If your skintone fits in the tiny shade range, I would pick this up and give it a try!

Please leave your thoughts and suggestions down below! I'd love hearing from you!

That's all for now :)
xoxo
 
DISCLAIMER: ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. ALL PRODUCTS WERE PURCHASED WITH MY OWN MONEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment