Monday, July 29, 2013

Review: CeraVe AM Facial Moistuizing Lotion

Hi guys! Today I'm reviewing the CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion ($12.99 at drugstore.com), which has been my daily moisturizer for the past three months.



This moisturizer claims to provide a controlled release of ingredients to help repair and restore your skin's natural protective barrier. It contains SPF 30 and is best for normal to dry skin. One thing that I love is that it comes with a pump! One pump disperses enough for one side of the face, but that's just my opinion. :)


I have normal skin for most of the time (I get a bit oily on my t-zone in the summer), and I find that this moisturizer works great on me. It is very lightweight, and absorbs almost instantly into the skin. If you have oily skin and want to try this, I think it would work nicely because it's not greasy at all. The texture of this moisturizer is a perfect medium between too thick and too runny... it's almost a tad creamy.

Two pumps
 

Once blended thoroughly into the skin, it is completely translucent and doesn't leave behind a luminous finish. For anyone who wants a moisturizer that can double as a makeup base, this will definitely fit the bill. On my skin, it makes my face makeup last about 1.5 hours longer (without using a proper primer) before fading.

lightly blended
 


PROS:
  • comes with a pump
  • has SPF 30
  • non-greasy and lightweight
  • absorbs quickly
  • works nicely under makeup
  • reasonably affordable

CONS:
  • none :D

Overall, if you are just looking for a basic moisturizer with SPF I think this is an excellent option. I've used this on my sister who has extremely sensitive, dry skin and it didn't irritate her. For the price, I think it's well worth it. My bottle has lasted for three months, and it's only half empty.

That's all for now!
xoxo
 
DISCLAIMER: ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. I PURCHASED THIS WITH MY OWN MONEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment